Visit my photography website:

Visit my photography website: www.annagrovephotography.com

Friday, July 24, 2009

Nyolcadik nap - Day 8

Still in Miskolc... Anna took me around her hometown and showed me her communist roots LOL

Miskolc is the chief city of Hungary's industrial region. Industries include cement, glass, textiles, and food processing, and there is a large food refrigeration plant. Wine making is important, notably in the limestone caves of Mount Avas, which are used as cellars.




Diosgyor Castle
Miskolc is a very nice city, sort of a mix between Johstown in size (maybe a little bit bigger) and the main street is similar to the street in Annapolis.

Downtown Miskolc (National Theathre on the right)



Stopped by Anna's godmother, Agi.




In the afternoon we spent some time at a cave bath where the water is again natural thermal sping water.




We stayed at Anna's friends who were at our wedding. We grilled food Saturday night and they made me drink different kind of palinka, which is a traditional Hungarian liquor. Anna's family is overly generous and made me feel at home.


Serving 'palinka' ... 50% alcohol!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment